Gracie Style BJJ
- Effective and comprehensive system of standing and ground defense techniques
- Utilizes rules of leverage
Muay Thai Kickboxing
- Form of Indochinese kickboxing that makes full use of punches, kicks, elbows, and knee strikes
- Employs the use of clinch-grappling to control and attack opponents
- Enjoyable for women, men, and children regardless of athletic ability
- Wrestling is a combat sport
- Students love involving it’s grappling type techniques such as clinch fighting, throws and takedowns, joint locks, pins and other grappling holds
Milwaukee’s Premiere BJJ & MMA Academy
Our gym is conveniently located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin’s Walker’s Point.
We have a very welcoming and friendly family atmosphere. Our KIDS Pura Vida Martial Arts program teaches self-defense and leadership development by combining our Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Kickboxing and the EMPOWERING 14 leadership traits used by the United States Marine Corps in a safe and fun environment!
We have a strong Mixed Martial Arts competition team, with entry level amateurs all the way up to our professionals signed by the UFC. Our coaching staff SPECIALIZES in fighter development. Whether you’re just getting started or looking to expand your skills, our team of coaches is ready for you.
We’ve got conditioning and fitness classes, women’s classes, and all different types of martial arts classes!
Head Coach – Owner
World Class Coaching Staff
Amateur and Professional Fighters
UFC Welterweight – Owner
What They Love About Us
“My son used to get picked on every day at school. It broke my heart. That’s why I brought him to Pura Vida. Within the first month of joining, he was carrying himself differently. He had confidence. The instructors told me their job was not to teach him to fight, but to teach him enough confidence that he wouldn’t need to… and they did!“
Mother of Student
“I lost thirty pounds. I brought my blood pressure down so far my doctor had me stop taking my medication. Getting my blue belt from Pura Vida BJJ & MMA has meant the world to me. I have a family here.“
“I have suffered with addiction my whole life. Joining the family at Pura Vida has enabled me to stay sober, which is as great of a referral as I can give. I am very proud of what I’ve accomplished with this team, and I look forward to what’s to come in the future!“